Cable gland series for the railway industry in accordance with EN 45545
With the Railway Series, WISKA has developed an industry-specific expansion of its proven SPRINT cable gland system, thereby fully meeting the special needs of the rail industry.
Since June 2013, products and their materials that are used in the railway sector must be tested in accordance with the new fire safety standard EN 45545, in order to meet the same quality standards across Europe. This does not only apply to new vehicles; the components used must also meet these requirements in remedial maintenance of railway vehicles. The RW product range complies with the required standards for European railway outfitters in all respects and for all materials used.
WISKA's RW series is the ideal combination of high-value product quality and multiple modularity, while maintaining compliance with standards. The RW components have been successfully tested for fire resistance in accordance with EN 45545-3:2013-08. Furthermore, the entire series meets the highest requirements of Hazard Level 3 that can be applied to the materials used in the railway industry.
WISKA is one of the first European manufacturers to have successfully tested a complete series of cable glands in the differing materials of polyamide, brass and stainless steel to meet both this standard and hazard level.
The SPRINT Railway (RW)-Serie by WISKA:
- Modular cable gland system specifically for the railway industry
- Meets fire protection standard EN 45545 and all requirements of Hazard Level 3 with fire resistance E30
- Comprehensive range of multiple and special sealing inserts
- Flex protection, external strain relief as well as venting and EMC products
- PG, metric and NPT threads of different lengths
- Fulfils all requirements of IP 68 and IP 69K
Our products of the Railway Series:
Give us a call!
PDF, 145 KB
Download - Brochure
PDF, 1.598 KB
Download - Catalogue
Cable entries and protection
PDF, 8.340 KB