2019 WISKA can look back on a long company history and celebrates its 100th centennial.
2017 After the Mulsow family left the company more than 50 years ago, the company name has been adapted in 2017. The WISKA Hoppmann and Mulsow GmbH from now on operates as WISKA Hoppmann GmbH.
2015 By extending the sales premises in Kaltenkirchen, 15 new work places were created increasing the workforce of WISKA worldwide to 230 employees.
2014 Production capacity in Kaltenkirchen reached its limits. To respond to the increasing demand, in spring, WISKA obtained a logistics and assembly centre with a direct connection to the existing logistics centre.
2013 WISKA expanded its international network and opened new offices in Paraguay and China with WISKA America SRL in Asunción and WISKA Electric Systems Co., Ltd. in Shanghai.
2011 Founding of the third foreign subsidiary, WISKA Systems Ibérica, SL, in Spain.
2010 WISKA invested in a new building for sales and product management at the Kaltenkirchen location. In the same year, WISKA quality management obtained a new testing laboratory.
The WISKA headquarters in Kaltenkirchen
Tanja and Ronald Hoppmann
2009 With WISKA India Pvt. Ltd., the second sales office was established abroad.
2008 WISKA built a new logistics centre in Kaltenkirchen with an area of over 10,000 m².
2007 The VentGLAND®, the world’s first breathing cable gland, was introduced to the market.
2003 WISKA founded a subsidiary, WISKA CCTV GmbH, which was integrated into WISKA Hoppmann GmbH as a division in 2013.
2000 Ronald and Tanja Hoppmann took over management in the third generation. In the same year, WISKA founded its first sales office in the United Kingdom: WISKA UK Ltd.
1994 WISKA became the first manufacturer of multiple reefer container sockets in Europe and is now one of the world leaders in this field.
1969 50 years after founding the company, the production facilities in Hamburg had become too small. With the aim of further expanding the two divisions, maritime products and cable glands, WISKA set up new headquarters in its present location in Kaltenkirchen, tripling its production capacity.
1954 Peter Hoppmann took over the company in the second generation. Later, management was extended to his wife, Karin. In 1961, the Mulsow family left the company.
Peter and Karin Hoppmann
Hermann Mulsow and Wilhelm Hoppmann
1933 The idea for the name WISKA – an abbreviation for “Wasserdichte isolierstoffgekapselte Kabelarmaturen” (waterproof cable fittings encapsulated in insulating material) – came up in a conversation.
1925 The two managers expanded their product range. In addition to the original brass products, Hoppmann & Mulsow began to develop and produce the first thermoset plastic cable gland (ISOSTABIL).
1919 A far-sighted engineer at Blohm and Voss, Hamburg, and his former teaching colleague and friend started their own business to produce brass ship installation equipment. Wilhelm Hoppmann and Hermann Mulsow began with cost-effective and precise serial production of these devices for shipyards.